Recipe from Allicia Kinoshita
Shirataki has very little calories and is high in fiber.
Preparation of Shirataki
Rinse Shirataki and put in boiling water for a few minutes then take out from water and drain. Shirataki can be cut to your desired length.
1 package Aloha Tofu Shirataki
1/4 medium size onion, sliced
1/4 medium size green pepper, sliced
1/4 medium size carrot, julienne
2 oz. beef or pork, sliced thin
1/2 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon Gochujang or miso
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon Sesame oil
Salt & pepper to taste
1) Cut carrots. Cook them in the microwave oven for 30-45 seconds.
2) Sprinkle salt & pepper on Shirataki in a small bowl. Mix well.
3) Heat oil in a frying pan, saute meat for 1 minutes. Add onions and green pepper, saute for another couple of minutes until meat is cooked.
4) Add Shirataki, cooked carrots, Gochujang and sugar. Stir well.
5) Remove from heat. Add soy sauce and sesame oil, and mix well.
Alternatives: You can use any vegetable. Adjust sweetness depending on the flavor of Gochujang or miso.